Faculty and students all over the country are transforming their learning spaces into Places of Invention.
How do we know?
On March 22, the Lemelson Center hosted our partner NCIIA (National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance) and a student invention showcase, part their annual conference, Open Minds. Part of the program was “Spaces of Invention,” six Ignite talks by students and faculty who describe their Design Kitchens and maker spaces from the collegiate through K-12 arenas. Speakers include:
- John Marshall of University of Michigan,
- David Narum of Greenway Partners, serving K-12 Elementary and Secondary Schools,
- Maria Oden of Rice University,
- Robert Emery Smith (in collaboration with Helen Chen) key person behind the development of Wallenberg Hall at Stanford University,
- Craig Forest of Georgia Tech, and
- Jared Karp, a third year mechanical engineering major at UC Berkeley